Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Turning of the seasons




Hello all,

It has been a while, but I too am guilty of checking the blog often to see if anything new has been posted and to look back and re-read older posts. It was habit for so long it is hard to break the cycle. The blog is still at the top of my favorites list on both my home and work computer so even getting to see the words Doctor Danda daily make me feel comforted and serve as a reminder of my wonderful cousin Alessandra. Everyone who has followed or participated in this blog made it whole- it was worldwide a family, but in all honesty there is a bit of a void or emptiness as I write on this blank page now. Without Alessandra on the other end to receive my words I realize it was created for her and she made it what it was. Without her I admit perhaps it is time to close this chapter of her life. Vicki and I thought that at year's end it might be a good time to put the blog to rest, but I am going to leave it to her as to when she would like to do so and will certainly let everyone know before we decide to. But the good news is all the words and memories are captured as a reminder that we may revisit whenever we like.

I have promised Vicki that we would download and create a book for James of this blog and I will be in touch with Mary, who I believed managed to do it once so I hope can do it again to capture the final words of the blog. I would then be happy to email a copy of it to whomever wishes when the time comes- no need to respond now since we have not captured it all yet.
On another note I did want to let everyone know that Vicki and Chiara had the chance to see James recently and there were happy to see that is continues to grow into quite the young boy. I think the pictures she sent along to me speak for themselves.

Much love to all always,

Alexis

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis!!
    Sorry to hear you want to close this blog. It is comforting to see. I hope when you get to Weston you will stop by. I defiantly want to have a copy of the entire blog entries. Hope all is going well for you. I do hope to see James and Julian soon. Stephen was with Julian last month and will be spending the week-end with him in November. I can't make it but hope to have him here for Thanksgiving. Please do let me know how I can get a complete copy of the blog. Loads of love to you.
    Eve 781-738-3094 evelorenz@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said there is no need to respond now...but it's really hard to resist saying "I want one i want one!!" I have downloaded parts of the blog, but would love love love the help to have a full version. Since I no longer check the blog regularly, I fear I will miss it the next time the discussion comes up. So, please, know I am interested!! Just let me know what info/contributions you need when the time comes. Thank you for the gift of this blog, Alexis - Lindsay Jernigan linsbennig@aol.com; 802-496-6624

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexis, I guess it makes sense to close the blog but I am happy to know that James will be able to read his mother´s loving words someday...I downloaded all the entries as I didn´t know if we would have access to it later on but it´s wonderful to know you can send us the compilation! I´m on the list! In some ways the blog will be missed even with its emptiness because it will be yet another closure...but, in the end, what we really miss is dear Danda. I keep the card they gave us at her mass on our living room shelf, and her smile shines warmly, generously, unbeaten...Thanks again for giving us the chance to be "by her side" her last year even with the physical distance. It was the best present you could have given her! With all my love, Sally

    ReplyDelete