Saturday, April 24, 2010

can i post on Danda's behalf?

Dear troops,

In last speaking with Danda she told me that she had been feeling overwhelmed as a result of her back pain and the radiation as well as trying to meet with doctors and get into the clinical trial. Understandable to say the least. So I thought since I had spoken with her I would take the chance to play secretary for a day until she found some time to write something on the blog. I may be taking a leap of faith that she will understand my jumping in, but I have been wanting to share the good news and perhaps publishing it would mean it was real.

So not to steal her thunder, but rather share in it, she called to tell me that she and the Priorelli/Murdoch clan had booked tickets to the islands. YIPEEEEEE! She told me that no cancer, volcano or any other hurdle was going to keep her from coming. This was HER time! She had her sights set on this day and nothing was going to keep her from the vacation she so deserved. I am over the moon about the news and cannot wait to see my cousin and her entire family. This is the best wedding gift I can imagine. Having her present will be so joyous!

On top of it she got into a clinical trial, but told them she could not start until after the 14th and they obliged. More good news!

She was still experiencing back pain and was told it would not subside until early next week after the radiation had a chance to do its thing. She was give morphine pills to help with the pain so I pray that has been working, but may be leading to her taking some down time.

Well, there are the basics that I think will help everyone feel in touch. Danda, I was just bursting and wanted to share my happiness I hope it is all still true and I have not reported anything wrongly, but perhaps this posting will lessen the anxiety to fill everyone in on the latest news and provide you with a little more down time until are able get back on the blog. Today marks the five day count down until you will be on a plane to the islands and their warm waters!

Much Love,
Lex

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news ! I can just imagine how happy everyone is and I'm sure all the love and family warmth will give Alessandra the boost she needs at present ... Hope the wedding is SPECIAL ...
    Hugs from Italy to all of you...
    Anne

    ReplyDelete