Monday, June 7, 2010

poem

Dear Friends,

I am similarly overwhelmed and devastated by the tragic news of Alex's death...even as I write, it seems unreal...

In times of great sadness such as this, I tend to seek poetry to help manage the pain, so I am posting a poem in hopes that it may help some of you....

"Do not stand at my grave and weep"

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
-Mary Frye (1932)

All my love to Vicki, Chiara , Julian, James and all the family. My deepest sympathy and hope for healing goes out to you.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment