Sunday, February 14, 2010

pom poms

Dear Danda,

It is late and I cannot sleep so I turn to talk to you which has been a long time coming. I meant to write about my experience this morning, but instead went to yoga to "make my self shiny." It makes me laugh, but the laughter is worth the release. "Shiny" is the full expression of one's self--heart and chest wind open, hand open, toes and fingers spread. Your body drinking in well being from the air and people around you. Being shiny is what I try to do every weekend because we all need a little shininess!

I wanted to write and tell you that spring is sprining! It is still cold and very much winter, but the trees are beginning to bud and are taking notice that longer days are not far away. I know Spring is near when the California poppies in all there orange come out to meet the day and their dandelion counterpart is not far behind. But that is not all, we also have what I have come to endearingly call the pom pom tree. It is a big tree that branches out in front of our window and at this time of year produces the brightest yellow mini pom poms. Against winter's gray skies I have to say nothing makes me more happy then the sight of this tree in the morning. What makes you happy Danda?!

I love you.
LEx

No comments:

Post a Comment