Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chill out!


Since everyone seems to be in need of a bit of "summer", I thought I would offer a chair in the sun. Take a seat! Tickle your toes in the sand. Listen to the breeze in the palms trees that allow just enough filtered sunlight. Close your eyes, if you can. Relax. This is early morning on Jost Van Dyke in the BVIs. A little later the bay will be filled with power boats. The beach will be awash with nubile bodies wearing the required minimum. Each will be holding the requisite "Painkiller", a delicious concoction of fruit juices, rum and spiced with a hefty grating of nutmeg. Can you taste it? One is delightful. Two is just about perfect but not quite enough anesthesia. Three numbs just about everything! The sun sets, the boats leave, and you are left in a haze, sitting under the same palm trees that were overhead at dawn. A lost day? Not really. Everyone should take time out now and then

1 comment:

  1. Utterly fabulous! As I look out of my office window and see nothing but grey, muddy snow -- a shot of palm trees and sunshine does my poor English heart no end of good.

    I have just been taking (another) short study break to look at villa rentals in Jamaica. Ahh.... I can just feel the warmth seeping through my bones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete