Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall in VT




Hi, Alex -


I thought about you so much today. I got to go for an amazing hike on a perfect fall day in Vermont. The leaves are starting to change, and it was absolutely glorious. And you were so with me. I took in the reality that there simply is noone else like you in my life. Not just LIKE you, but I mean, nobody who fits me as you do as a friend, nobody who I am quite so myself with, quite so safe with, quite so silly with, quite so happy with. I miss you so much. I took these photos for you. Look closely at the foreground of the second. And the one with the cows is on the road where you, Julian, Chris and I walked when you visited us in Vermont years ago. This road is about half a mile from our new house and is now part of my regular running route. I wish you had been there to walk with me today. I am sending fight the f*&%er and I love you vibes, along with a net to help hold some of the anticipation about Friday. I agree that no matter what the news is THIS week, this cancer is in big trouble. - Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment