Friday, September 25, 2009

fortitude all around

Dear Danda,

I waited for the news, counting down the days and it made my day when mom shared the news with the family and friends who were visiting Dad today. Dad, with a smile, said, "amazing. that girl is amazing." YOU are winning this battle. I am learning as I watch my dad fight sickness that you are in control of your own body even when it is out of control. He fights back just as you do and with determination he is stabilizing just as you are. You both are inspirations to me. Guess those Italian genes are as strong as bull fighters!

I am so happy for your good news!

I loved your story about James, I would have been in tears laughing at his fortitude and excitement at music class. Good for him approaching that little blond girl- you can never be too young to be a flirt.

All my best wishes as Dad snores himself to sleep beside me. Never have I been so fond of snoring!

All our love,
Dad and Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment