Monday, June 15, 2009

A Champion

Dear Alexis,

When Geoffrey told me that you had to pull out of the triathalon because you had cut your hand, requiring 5 stitches, and because your knee was complaining, I knew that you would be angry and disappointed after training so hard. Apparently your doctor more or less told you not to dream of attempting it. On Sunday I was about to call you to boost your morale when your mother called to say "she has just got out of San Francisco Bay and is on her bike!!" Alessandra, Chiara and I let out a whoop that startled little James. That is my Alexis!! Against the odds, the fighting spirit jumped to the forefront and the consequences be damned! You are a true champion and deserve a medal for pluck, stamina, perserverance and determination. You are to be admired. Congratulations and much love, Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Ah! As mother of the triathaloner, I applaud your tenacity although I could have done without the drama! Just want you to know that I am doing my OWN Triathalon - hot bath with candles, rocking chair for ten minutes and finally, walking up one flight of stairs with my coffee and my book!

    ReplyDelete