Friday, June 5, 2009

Dearest Danda - Your last post gave me far to much information to mentally chew - so many different ingredients- thoughts, questions, answers, pleas and prayers. I got quite muddled trying to come up with words that might help or in fact, possibly hinder. It was like riding the rails with you, in an uncomfortable boxcar, headed for somewhere, but where? I admit that I am rather like you, deep down. I find peace, energy and strength only when I can fully grasp a thought, a task or a nettle (remember Nanny's favorite saying - "grasp the nettle firmly"). Given this, when uncertain moments catch me and grind me to a halt, I head for what other people have to say. I wallow in quotations! I slather myself with perspicacity, profunity, absurdity, sage advice, wit, flights of fancy and everything else in between. My O my, people certainly have had much to say over time! So here are a few tidbits that I find cogent. Perhaps one will strike a responsive chord as you play your song of today.

"Fear can keep us up all night: but faith makes one fine pillow"

Faith is taking the first step when you don't see the whole staircase."

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learniing how to sail my ship."

"When you have come to the edge of all light and you know you are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly."

OXOXOXOX old LSC


No comments:

Post a Comment