Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rocket Man's mom!

Danda,

The suffering of the chemo topped with the tenderness of hand and foot seems like too much to bear, but I am so impressed again and again with your resolve to not let it stop you and give up. You are a force to be reckoned with. I hope that the doctors can find a way to lessen the pain, even if it means slowing down the chemo slightly to afford you a little more comfort in the day to day. I wish I could be there to lay clouds on the floor to give you soft cushioning upon which to walk.

I am in awe of your awareness of your every action from taking on patients to discovering you are what you eat. These are milestones in your treatment. Realizing that as much as you would like some more normalcies to life, it is not life as usual. I am glad you were able to see patients to remember who Doctor Danda is, but I am also glad you see your limitations due to fatigue—this is understandable, but sometimes you have to try something just to see where you are. You are fighting a very hard fight, you are in the middle of an endurance challenge, you are breaking records for staying in the game no matter how hard it gets-this should show you how strong and capable you are-visualize this! You have a lot on your plate!

I still giggle every time you tell us about your new shake of the day. The broccoli and cauliflower, carrots and ginger-who knew, I am two shakes away from trying one myself. Again, for the sake of discovery and learning my limitations—are you sure I am going to grow to like these?!

And James, children are resilient and children are patient. I think you show James your love in every squeeze and cuddle you give him. Every time you look in his eyes and every time you tell him your mother is a fighter. Trust me he understands your need to take care of yourself. The desire to romp with him and play in the park is only because you see other mother’s doing it, they do not see what you do for him in the garden flat and all the support and love he gets from having his family close-I am sure they would be envious of having their child immersed in that kind of love. We will all be three to tell James “Rocket Man” Murdoch what a strong and loving mother you were back when you were fighting off cancer and you will be able to smile and nod and tell James it is so!

Lots of Love and Lots of Strength being sent your way!
Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment