Sunday, July 5, 2009

Be Aware of Wonder!

Alex,

Your recent posts have definately made me smile. Your decision to make your day great by finding pleasure in the simple moments of the day and your post about creating your own fireworks reminded me of a quote that I love, "Be Aware of Wonder". This actually comes from the book, "Everything I Really Needed to Know I Learned In Kindergarten". The author talks about the beauty in our lives everyday that children see with wonder and amazement and as adults we start looking at the 'explanations' behind all that is beautiful and wonderous in life. This quote reminds me to look at the moments, just like James does with the toilet paper, and find the wonder in that seemingly small experience.

I too have been doing this during this wonderful long weekend. I spent some time at a pool with a friend of mine - reading a good book, feeling the sunshine, and swimming in the water were all wonderful. I also went to a free July 4'th concert yesterday and was taken back in time as I listened to performances by Richard Marx and Pat Benetar. Gosh, that was so much fun. My friend Walter and I through caution to the wind and danced in the middle of the crowd, enjoying the music and beautiful weather.

So, my friend, I wish you many more days like your recent ones and know that I am going to continue to do the same. Oh, and by the way, I love that you are reading Eat, Pray, Love. It is on the top of my favorite books I have read over the past year. It is fun and thought provocing all at the same time.

Love and Hugs to All on This Blog and Happy 4'th.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment