Tuesday, July 21, 2009

wandering thoughts from julie

Dear Alex,

I'm sorry that I haven't written sooner. Life has been busy as we make final wedding preparations for our wedding in late August. I'd love for you to be able to attend, but I know that you are not feeling so well...and you're awfully far away. I will send pictures.

I wish you were closer. As another post writer wrote, I, too, wish that I could just drop by your home and spend time with you in the way that we used to. You would make wonderfully healthy dinners and a glass of wine with you at the end of the day was always such a nice way to relax. I miss you, and I wish that I could give you a hug on all of those days that you are overwhelmed with grief and exhaustion.

This is overwhelming stuff you are dealing with, and it is so normal to be sad about it. No flogging is a wonderful thing to keep saying to yourself. There is a way to fight and also be compassionate toward yourself for all that you are managing. I wish you patience and kindness toward yourself. Remember your poster, "Live Gently and with Fire". Gently, Alex.

Anyway, I'm a little sad myself tonight. I miss you very much.

I hope that Thursday goes very well, as it sounds like it should. But, just don't lose the positive of what he is saying by listening too hard for perfection. You'll get there in time. And, we'll get to visit again one day, soon. If you come to Wakefield, I'll make you a very healthy dinner and of course, a glass of wine. Much love to you, Julie

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wandering thoughts - Danda's Aunt, here. It is about the glass of wine. A sort of celebratory imbibement or something to drown one's sorrows in. Whatever. It is the ritual that really makes it imprtant. I suspect green tea or water with lemon IN A WINE GLASS will have the correct and happy effect. Perhaps we should all try it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live Gently and With Fire -- I LOVE that!!!! - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete