Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go to greener pastures

What a beautiful day in Sausalito! I rose early...7am! On a Sunday! As Jeff would say I must have just been excited to see the day! And for good reason, when I wake just as the sun is rising I get to see the sun turn the hillside pink and buildings across the way gold. And I find morning to be so calm and quiet it sometimes makes me think the sun rose just for me as I peer out to nature to see what it has brought me in the dark of night. 

Sometimes on the weekends I even sleep with the curtains wide open which in the daylight affords me an expansive view of a mountain called Mount Tam which rises in the distance. Again Jeff calls me out on wanting the sun to wake me in the morning so I don't miss a minute of daylight.  And who can blame me on the weekends when the day is mine to do with as I please.

One can hardly believe it is almost February in California with the weather we have been having (sorry, east coaster Eve!) it was in the 70s today with no wind.  I muddled on the small patch of hillside behind our house where the owners of our rental planted a Meyer Lemon Tree, and Olive Tree, Rosemary and Lavender! I consider it a blessing to have  such a variety of herbs at my disposal so I have been working hard to keep them alive.  I look forward to planting more herbs and some flowers if a shade tree that will bloom come spring will allow me.

Think of blue skies, green trees and the earth this week Alessandra--there are so many happy memories you have of all of the above.  Go to Cooperstown in your mind-what beautiful country it was! I love you!

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment