Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wishes from Geneva, Switzerland

Dearest Alessandra,

I have been following your unrequested adventure into the world of modern medicine with the reports from Lisa. To read the blog, your support team is really tremendous and your comments heart-warming. I have lived with someone on chemo and know the daily waits and the unknowns, I suppose it could be boring if it was the same each time! I, myself spent time last year with bits being cut out and then zapped. The positive about having my head zapped is that they did not damage my eye and the hair that disappeared, patches, has grown back dark, like it used to be and, in some places tight curls. When my hairdresser told me that it was dark and curly I said it was my hommage to Obama.

My sister, who lives in Clapham, has a present for James, if I asked her to have her husband leave it with his secretary at 3, Basil Street (Doctor's surgery) - just near Harrods, could someone pick it up or should I ask her to get to a post office? No rush, I am sure he has lots of goodies.

Now that I have go onto this brilliant system, which started out in german, not my second language, I will look forward to following from afar.

With very much love and wishes for 'bon courage'. James is beautiful, I am sure Viki must be a wonderful and doting Grandmother.

Best. Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment