Sunday, February 15, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine!


For any of you who know me, you know that I love to laugh and try to find humor in everyday life. Humor is what gets me through the intensity that life can often have day to day. So, I started looking up the health benefits of laughter and there is actual research on "humor therapy". I totally need to go into this field. A recent study, for example, found that laughter helps blood vessels function better. Another study shows that laughter causes your brain to release chemicals that relax your muscles and produce pleasure. Still, another study credits laughter with stimulating the body's immune system, which can help fight viruses. And hearty laughter has even been shown to massage your internal organs. Blah, blah, blah. You don't need to know all of this technical jargon, my goal for this post is to make everyone laugh and hopefully bring Alex a little humor therapy in the process. So, here is a little funny to bring a smile to your faces. Hope it makes you giggle. Remember, the bigger the laugh the better for your health. Happy laughing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment