Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Round Down

Hello Alex,

I am sure that I am not alone in the sense of relief I felt when I read your last update. I am glad that the "darker" days of Round 6 are behind you and hope that the sun is starting to shine on your side of the pond as it is here in San Francisco. This really is like a marathon, with all the emotional, psychological, and physical aspects of the most difficult of courses (perhaps with some extra steep curves and hills). Unfortunately, you did not get to pick the date, select the location, shop for just the right shoes, or even train for months with a team of experts. In fact, you just had to start running, trusting that you could endure all the miles ahead, that you had the right gear, and the right support crew. Not only are you keeping the right pace, you are inspiring lots of people along the way and reminding us that there is so much life to live even in the darkest of moments. For now - I hope you get a moment to rest your feet and cruise for a bit. I love you very much

Lisa H

No comments:

Post a Comment