Monday, April 27, 2009

We Were Born to Boogie!




   

Dear Danda,

I lived a true Springtime in London! And I didn´t only find it in London´s amazing and blossoming parks, but in your, Vicky´s and James´ company :)    I am aware that I got to spend time with you on one of your "good days" but I can´t but be impressed by all you emanated the day we met!  Your health, positivity, serenity and fighting spirit all shone through.  Seeing dear Vicky more beautiful and elegantly simple than ever was another gift, as was having the privilege of meeting little James...to me he´s a mix of a wise man and an innocent bundle of joy!  He looks great in the photos, but meeting him in person is quite something!  I felt that he was beyond his "years" as he observed me curiously and peacefully with those spectacular blue  eyes!  

So, if I may share a little of my experience with all those who love and care for you and are far physically...seeing Danda was truly uplifiting!   There was so much strength, humility, gratitude, persevering spirit and joy in our two hours catching up that I came out of their home with a heart uplifted.   I have known  Alessandra, Chiara and Vicky since I was a young teenager in Madrid, and it´s difficult to find the right adjectives to describe them...Inspiring yet real, invincible yet human, strong like the wind yet gentle like a breeze, determined like a flowing river yet flexible like a bamboo tree, bright like a shining sun yet honest when it´s time to be.    I am sure when one of these three beautiful women wanes in their inner strength and positivity, the other rises up just like James keeps on fueling the joy with his "wise innocence".  It´s this powerful force (together with so many other positive forces Alessandra has inspired) that is keeping Danda as well as she is given the crazy roller coaster she´s been through.  

Danda, it was a true honour to be with you, laugh with you, listen to you and share with you.  It was beautiful to be with dear Vicky and little James, and to feel Chiara´s presence through all your stories of how she´s helping.  I have always admired Chiara´s resolve, humour and strong character, so it´s to no surprise she has become a topnotch "nutritionist"!   I´m starting to keep my eye out for books to fuel her new passion: cancer and nutrition.  And before I leave you with some final quotes, just a reminder (and it´s as much to your "perfectionist" self  as to my own :)! ) to "be with it".  The low moments are scary and dark, but they are part of the journey.   All the "good days" have refueled you for the "bad days".  You have such an amazing capacity to live every good moment deeply, passionately, fully that all the positive energy gained through them will be silently pushing you forwards when you feel low, quiet, sad, afraid, weak.  There´s a Zen-Buddhist saying that goes:  "When walking just walk.  When sitting just sit. Above all, don´t wobble!"

As another Big Day is coming up soon, I leave you with a lyric from the Billy Elliot musical I saw whilst in London and that you also loved so much: "We weren´t born to stand still,  Aint a question of will, Gotta move, it´s a fact, You were born to react, We were born to boogie!"

Love e tanto coraggio!
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment