Monday, April 6, 2009

I See the Light at the End of this Tunnel


Hello Alex and Friends,

I appreciate the updates, the stories from friends and family that make me laugh, the pictures, quotes, poems, and sense of community. It is amazing what can happen when a group of people come together bound by love and support.

I know that there is a lot of fighting to do in April. There will be the challenge of staying focused and calm in the context of cumulative side effects. There will be darker moments and brighter moments. I imagine it has felt like a lifetime since December, but you have come so far. I appreciate your determination and resolve and I know it makes you all the stronger that you can aknowledge the difficult days. You have said that you want to see the light at the end of this journey...

I am seeing the light. I can just see James in that swimming pool laughing and splashing. There will be first words, first steps, and you will replace long slow walks with following a curious energetic little boy. Forget the idea of sitting and watching the birds and enjoying a sunny day - instead it will be wondering through the mud as James looks for bugs, tries to pet the squirrels, and chases every single dog (even the really really big ones). There will be storytime and playtime and endless cuddles. No matter what you do in your day - the best part will always be the moment you walk in the door and hear those little feet. You will still have routine - naps, meals, etc. but you cannot plan for the joy you will find as he discovers a new food, finds a new park, sees a duck, or says "I love you" for the first time. This will be your light and what a great light it will be!

You are in my thoughts... I will have my kettle going all week!

Love
Lisa H






No comments:

Post a Comment