Saturday, May 9, 2009

Marathons are always unpredictable events!

Hello Alex,

I thought I would check-in to see how the weekend was going and wish you were anywhere other than the hospital. Someone told me long ago to try to celebrate everything in life - take the time to recognize the good for sure, and when life is tough celebrate getting to the end of the day or celebrate that tomorrow can and will be different. For some reason that single comment has made a big impact in my life. There have been times the celebrations are so little they seem meaningless - like just being able to take a shower for five minutes, or finding a few minutes to laugh in a time of grief. I have been inspired at your resolve to enjoy the good along the way (I know James helps make sure that happens).

I guess that there needs to be a bit of a curvy road on this part of the journey. Your body is even stronger than you thought and you have already shown that tomorrow can and will be different. There is no option but to come out on the other side of this marathon and, gosh, there sure will be a lot to celebrate.
Hugs,
Lisa S

No comments:

Post a Comment