Sunday, March 8, 2009

BE STILL........



Take a good look at this white marble creation. It has been in the family since the early 1900s. I suspicion that your great-grandmother brought it home from Italy on one of her "Grand Tours" accompanied by 4 children, 18 steamer trunks, a wad of cash and an eye for beauty. It has resided in Montcito, CA, East Haddam CT, Hartford, CT, Plainfield NH, Cooperstown NY and several homes in St. Thomas VI. She is a well-traveled lady. Nanny gave her to me with a note that said, "Whenever I am down or stressed or in need of peace, I look at this lady's neck and how her beautifully her head sits upon her shoulders. She is perfectly aligned in her repose. She never fails to calm me." So, barring the fact that shipping her to Stratford Road might seriously tax Fed EX, I send you this image from Nanny. Be calm. LSC

No comments:

Post a Comment